Our Mission Statement
ALL SAINTS CHURCH OF ENGLAND (VA) INFANT SCHOOL AND PRE-SCHOOL
Opening hearts and minds
At All Saints Infant School & Pre-School, children always come first and we try to nourish, challenge, prepare and inspire them within a Christian ethos.
We believe in valuing all who contribute towards the successful running of our schools and pre-school including children, parents, carers, governors, teaching and non-teaching staff.
This Mission Statement lies at the heart of our schools’ aims. It is the philosophical basis for all of the school’s policies and through these, for everything that happens in and round the school.
Our aspiration is for everyone at All Saints to:
- feel happy, secure, safe and valued at school and pre-school
- develop a growing awareness of their own inner self and spirituality, and of the power of the Christian faith to transform lives
- develop healthy relationships based on care, trust, compassion and forgiveness
- show acceptance for and understanding of others who may have different beliefs or needs
- strive for the highest standards of achievement, developing the confidence and skills to be independent, motivated and self-disciplined learners
- have a positive approach to life, contributing to the well-being of the community and building hope for the future
We hope that children will leave our school with open hearts and minds, ready to respond to the opportunities that lie before them and to experience the joy of life in all its fullness.
About our School
All Saints is a small and lively school with long established links with the local community in Huthwaite. The school was founded in 1890 and has gone through many stages of modernisation.
Our school prides itself on its welcoming and friendly atmosphere in which children are respected and valued as individuals and their education is felt to be a partnership with parents.
Our teaching and non-teaching staff and school governors all work closely together to provide a caring, purposeful and stimulating environment in which the children feel secure, learn to respect and value the needs of each other and work to achieve their full potential.
We aim for our children to enjoy a variety of learning experiences and encourage them to develop Christian values, which will equip them to face the responsibilities and challenges of the future.
At All Saints we value all our children as individuals and encourage them to make a contribution to the life of the school. We have high expectations of pupils and ensure that, irrespective of race, gender or disability, they all have access to a meaningful, appropriate and developmental education.