The Principles of our Curriculum
Our curriculum will:
- inspire and challenge all learners, and equip them with the confidence, the ability and desire to make the world a better place;
- excite imaginations and give our learners access to the world’s major areas of learning;
- promote the highest standards of achievement for all learners, enabling them to develop the personal qualities, skills and key competencies to be independent, motivated and self-disciplined learners;
- be located in the context of the lives of our learners, and emphasise the inter-connectedness of learning;
- provide for intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional, social, scientific, aesthetic and creative development;
- be international in its outlook, but rooted within our communities, contributing to their well-being;
- address contemporary issues as well as the big ideas that have shaped the world in the past;
- promote independence of thought and creativity of mind through a wide range of learning approaches.
We want children to leave our school with open hearts and minds, ready to respond to the opportunities that lie before them and to experience the joy of life in all its fullness.
If you have anything that is appropriate for the current topic please don’t hesitate to bring items and resources in from home.
Religious Education For All
Relationships, Sex and Health Education
Please click on the link below for further information, which includes new guidance from the Church of England Education Office:-